- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 10 Chicken sausages (e.g. Heck Chicken Italia Sausages 340g )
- 2 medium onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or hot chilli powder
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 300ml Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 springs of fresh thyme
- 400g mixed beans
- 240g uncooked brown rice
- Calories 527
- Protein 38g
- Carbs 68g
- Sugars 14g
- Fat 8g
- Sat fat 1.5g
- Fibre 10g
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the sausages for 8-10 minutes, turning every now and then until browned all over.
- Slice up the sausages and transfer to a large saucepan or casserole dish.
- Place the onions in the frying pan and fry for 5 minutes until they go golden brown and start to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently
- Sprinkle over the smoked paprika or chilli powder.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, tomato puree and rest of the herbs and bring to a simmer.
- Tip into the pan with the sausages and simmer.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan loosely and leave to simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Boil some water in a saucepan and cook the rice for 20 minutes.
- Drain the beans and sieve them under cold water. Stir in the beans and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with brown rice.